Needless to say, it has been a while since I have written. I am glad to be back and all of this time has allowed me to compile quite a few Random Thoughts. For the sake of time and space, I will keep it to the month of February.
Here is the latest in Titles and Tunes:
The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
If you are…
1) a nerd
2) a leader
3) a nerdy leader
then this book is for you. Duhigg investigates the science behind habits and how to change them. I have found it to be a very quick read, while remaining engaging and insightful.
Yes, the Psalms. As in Biblical Psalms. The last few years I have read the Bible cover to cover in some capacity but this year i elected to read the Psalms each month. So far I am two months in and have made a few observations.
1) I miss A LOT when I read Scripture (or anything for that matter)
2) Due to #1, it seems that going over something again helps me discover something I missed. What a concept right?
3) The Psalms are rich. But also raw. I love how David and the other Psalmists are so open about their doubts, fears, and concerns. Lately, Psalm 34 has been hitting home for me. Check it out.
My top 5 tunes as of today:
1) Multiplied by NEEDTOBREATHE
2) Follow You by Ben Rector
3) How Can it Be by Lauren Daigle
4) Overwhelmed by Big Daddy Weave
5) Thunderstruck by AC/DC (Admittedly, this song is an outlier. But it is on my run playlist and I kick it up when this tune comes on.)
Top Podcasts of 2015:
1) North Point Community Church
2) Your Move with Andy Stanley
3) The Drive – First Baptist Orlando